Graham Ryles, OAM, KSJ, and the Board of the Ursula Hoff Institute Inc (UHI) is pleased to announce that Judith Ryles, Deputy Chairman of the Ursula Hoff Institute, was awarded an Order of Australia (OAM) on Australia Day, 26 January 2015.
The Medal recognises Mrs Ryles’s long-standing and wide-ranging Services to the Community of Melbourne, which includes:
- Co-founder of the Ursula Hoff Scholarships, University of Melbourne
- Co-founder of the Ursula Hoff Scholarship, University College, Melbourne
- Honorary Acting Treasurer, National Council of Women, Melbourne
- Honorary Treasurer, Home Economics Institute of Australia
- Member of Animal Ethics Committees, University of Melbourne
- Member La Trobe Society Committee, Melbourne
- President of Friends of the Elms Inc. Melbourne and now Administrative Assistant.
- Founding member, Felton Society, National Gallery of Victoria
- Founding member, Redmond Barry Society, State Library of Victoria
- Founding member, The Potter Museum of Art, the University of Melbourne
Her award acknowledges her decades of pro bono work on behalf of these and other groups in the Melbourne community.
In her capacity as a Home Economist she has been involved in education and the various professional associations of Home Economics at State, National and International level.
Judith has given generously of her talents in a quiet and unassuming way. Her passion, dedication and commitment to the various areas over many years has been inspirational.
Our heartfelt congratulations to Judith Ryles on this most deserved recognition!